The latest winter open was played today and considering the weather conditions the scoring was excellent with 45 points winning. The full result can be found on the website.
There will be 2 more winter opens in march and April next year and would ask you all to support these events if you can.
There are some first round matches to be played in the Darchem however the course has been open for long enough for these to have been completed on time. The competitions committee will need a full and viable explanation as to why these may not be completed by the due date.
The amas turkey trot 1 draw is on the competitions board and BRS. The forecasted weather for the next few days may mean the course will be closed on Sunday. If this is the case then you must attend on Sunday when a draw/raffle will be done to determine winners of the 24 turkeys.
The draw for TT2 will take place on Monday 4/12, please make certain your entry fee is paid by Sunday pm.
When the current winter cards have been used we will be looking at some of the stroke indexes to try to even up the front and back nines. Please remember stroke indexes are for matchplay purposes and not necessarily for Hole difficulty.
Finally we have amended the winter mat local rule because of the recent frosty weather, please look out for the notices throughout the clubhouse. Basically you will be allowed to stand off the winter mat as long as you tee up your ball on the mat.
Regards Stewart Openshaw